21 September, 2021
Bushfire near Gregors Creek Watch and Act alert
Residents in the Gregor Creek area north of Toogoolawah are advised a large, fast-moving fire is travelling from Gregors Creek towards Richter Road, Gregors Creek.
Firefighters warn conditions may worsen quickly.
Firefighters are working to contain the fire, however you should not expect a firefighter at your door. Firefighting aircraft may assist ground crews.
Warning level: WATCH AND ACT
Warning area: Richter Road
What you should do:
- If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now.
- Decide where you and other members of your home (including pets) will go if you need to leave. Plan how you will get there and advise family and friends of your plans.
- Pack essential items such as important documents, food and water, medications, and protective clothing.
- Stay hydrated.
- Avoid smoke – stay indoors, close windows and doors, and avoid driving through smoke where possible.
- Move flammable items away from your house.
- Fill containers with water for drinking and firefighting.
- Help others prepare for the fire.
- Be aware of firefighters working in the area.
- Stay informed:
- Listen to your local radio station
- Check the QFES current bushfires dashboard regularly
- If your life or property is threatened, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
- There is no threat to property at this time, however conditions could get worse quickly.
- The fire is likely to impact the community in the coming hours.
- Reduced air quality may cause health impacts for some people.
- Smoke may reduce visibility and affect driving conditions.
- Embers may impact properties. Try to extinguish embers quickly.
- Roads may be closed.
- Next update by 3:51pm or sooner if the situation changes.