18 August, 2021
Relaxed weekend beckons as restrictions set to ease sooner than expected
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has announced some restrictions – including a ban on community sport – will ease earlier than planned.
Thanks to the good work of Queenslanders in containing the Delta outbreak a raft of restrictions will ease from 4pm on Friday (August 20).
From 4pm Friday, restrictions will ease in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Lockyer, Somerset, Logan, Redland, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Noosa and Scenic Rim.
They include allowing:
- up to 30 people in homes and public spaces
- up to 100 attendees at weddings with a maximum of 20 people dancing
- up to 100 attendees at funerals
- community sport, with reduced spectators and in line with density requirements
- 75 per cent ticketed and allocated seating capacity for stadiums, indoor and outdoor events.