9 February, 2021
Six Somerset Groups Share in Grant Success
MEMBER for Nanango, Deb Frecklington, has congratulated six local community groups who were successful in securing grants through the latest round (106) of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund.
Mrs Frecklington said the Somerset groups will share in more than $150,000 to bring some fantastic projects to reality.
“The Gambling Community Benefit Grants are such a good way for groups to upgrade facilities and buy new equipment,” Mrs Frecklington said.
“I congratulate the groups who have been successful in this latest round. 2020 was a difficult year for community groups with limited fundraising opportunities, so these grants will be a big help in ensuring they can continue with their planned projects,” she said.
The six successful Somerset groups are:
- Toogoolawah Bowls Club - Greens Mower
- Toogoolawah Clay Target Club - Install access ramps and lay concrete
- Kilcoy Art Society - Upgrade facility
- Esk SS P&C - Playgorund equipment and softfall
- Esk Tennis Club - install synthetic grass
- Coominya Rural Fire Brigade - extend shed, flooring and electricity
“I encourage all local groups, however big or small, to consider applying for a Gambling Community Benefit Fund Grant to help achieve their goals.”
For more info: Nanango Electorate Office 4190 7100, or head to: https://www.justice.qld.gov.au/initiatives/community-grants/guidelines